Re: The Kernel

William T Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:
>
> > I think George is talking about the SEUL kernel, not the core kernel.
>
> They should be exactly the same, else we defeat the purpose of the core.

That would mean that every dist will have to use the same exact kernel
all the time.  And the user can't compile his/her own kernel.  The
purpose of core is to try and set a standard for the minimum core.  Not
to dictate what a dist should be.  The kernel is in base not core.  *A*
stripped kernel is in core.  The base package for SEUL, that splits off
from the core, can have different kernels for the user to choose from.
That is what George was refering to.