Re: The Kernel

Paul Anderson wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, George Bonser wrote:
>

> > Sould we apply some of the Linux Mama patches (Joliet file system, etc).
> > Some of these look pretty useful.
> >
> I dunno...  I REALLY don't like the idea of delivering a patched kernel to
> the customer.  They're going to want to upgrade, etc. and may not know how
> to patch the kernel.  I think we should ship a stock kernel if they want
> those patches, the user can apply them themselves.  TTYL!

I agree *if* it is not going to remain standard.  A patch like that
should be heavily examined for a permenant place in the Linux core.
Only if it's acepted into the Linux core should it go out.  But some
patches become part of the kernel.  We should be concidering some of
them for just that purpose.