What makes a help system? Anybody have any ideas?

Hi. So I've been told that the stuff I posted earlier sounded
too "official." So you know, these were just ideas and things
that I typed up a while ago, then put away. They are certainly
not hard and fast rules.

Although they sound it, they are not intended as documents, they
are mostly just ideas that I wrote up after work, hence the
rubbing off of some degree of officialness. See, at work, stuff
like that sounds more impressive :)

Anyway. Currently not much has really been developed for the help
system. Mostly just a bit of a help browser. Even the browser is
in a very flexible position, where other ideas can be used.

So. Keeping in mind that no decisions have really been made:

Does anybody have any ideas about anything on help? We want to
design a help system that is so good that users will be able to
find help for anything on Linux, and it will be so easy that they
will not even blink at getting help.

Ken

ps. I will post any others of my ideas as ideas only and not in
gaudy, overworded, and pompous documents.

pps. If you want to rip apart/destroy or otherwise mutilate said
gaudy, overworded, and pompous documents please go ahead. :)