Re: Help topics / task help

I just looked at
  http://www.globalserve.net/~twoducks/task-help/kde/
.

Yes, I like documents that specify exactly "push this button, then click
that button". There's not much there right now; but I understand that you
are trying to just give some examples of what it will eventually look like,
before we start the massive effort to flesh it out completely.

I think this is the right level of detail for the most-detailed help pages.
Looks nice.

Your page takes the bottom-up approach (which is immediately useful), while
my page
  http://www.ionet.net/~caryd_osu/david/html/task_help.html
takes the top-down approach
(which reminds us which tasks still need to be documented).

Just because I'm a curious person, I glanced at
  http://www.globalserve.net/~twoducks/
to see if you had any other pages online.
But that page currently doesn't even link to the task-help pages
I already know exist, much less other pages that I don't know about.

Hopefully I will have a little more free time after finals are over in
about a week.

--
+ David Cary "mailto:d.cary@ieee.org" "http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/"