Re: I think It was Peter Luka's install abstraction proposal...

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

nothing worse than having a beginner clicking on a menu entry and
> seeing than nothing happens.  Redhat's FVWM95 comes with m4 scripts

One other issue sort of relates to this point.  I've noticed that
several X programs, when run from FVWM95 menus in RedHat, will do
absolutely nothing.  A little more probing reveals that they don't find
all their requirements.  Example: RedBaron doesn't run if you have a 16
bit color depth.  It puts an error message in a logfile, maybe something
else if you run it from a command prompt.  But nothing appears when
running it from a menu.  A few of the games do that too.

What are we going to do about it?