[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SEUL: SEUL duplicating efforts?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 14-Feb-98 Orn E. Hansen wrote:
- -> These are the people you're dealing with, and booting them into a shell
- -> and telling them to execute scripts to setup graphics... they're going to
- -> answer "Hey, is this a Sun 3? I can get those at the scrap yard?". Give
- -> them
- -> a menu shell, and they'll say "Hey, this is just like my old MS-DOS 5.0
- -> system". Sure there are people out there that think Windows 3.1 is great,
- -> and there are also people who think MS-DOS was great, just as there are
- -> still guys out there that use 7 bit communications. But that's just a few
- -> exceptions... the main stream want's hot new stuff. This is what MS
- -> knows,
- -> and this is what helps them keep ahead...
- -> If the user says "I want a graphics workstation", then that's what
- -> should
- -> be setup for him, along with a graphics login screen. If the user says "I
- -> want a bare bones linux", then ok... bare bones it is, and shells. Unless
- -> the installation procedure can't figure the users system out correctly, in
- -> which case it could either ask her/him to file a report to us... or,
- -> simply
- -> ask the user questions about the details to have them solved.
- -> At least, that's what I think :)
Well put, Orn. A man after me own heart. It's good that we are partners as
UI leaders, I think =)
E-Mail: Cyberdyn@seul.org Date: 14-Feb-98 Time: 18:26:01
I need another lawyer like I need another hole in my head.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----