From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org]On Behalf
Of Roger Dingledine
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 6:20 AM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: [bill@mail.tasis.ch: Re: [seul-edu] Free Education Project]

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:57:21 +0200
From: Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY <bill@mail.tasis.ch>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Free Education Project

Hi Jason,

Its a good little article, but who are you targeting?
Unless the person is already Linux savy I don't think
they will understand your examples.

Also the last paragraph I think should be reworked.  I
understand what you mean, but I don't think it reads
well.

Finally, the word imputing should probably be inputing.

PS -- I agree with you completely.  I also think the
availability of MANY different high quality free
compilers and the IDE CodeCrusader is also very useful.

Then of course there is Abiword, StarOffice, Gnumeric,
Remind, etc.

But expect resistance to change.

Bill

Quoting Jason Mellen <jmellen@intellikey.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to the group. I am a high school student who
would love to see
> Linux replace MacOS and Win32 for the campus. When I
started writing a
> homework manager for our website I began thinking of
possible ways to
> expand
> the ideas. Before I had ever read the editorial or
knew that the group
> existed I wrote a very rough draft of what I call the
"Free Education
> Project."
>
> Now that I know that others have the same thoughts as
me, I decided to send
> the document to get some feedback. I am just looking
to see what you think
> of the basic train of thought.
>
> Jason Mellen
> Palm Bay High School - Melbourne, FL
>
> p.s. sorry for the dos file format

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>

----- End forwarded message -----