Re: [seul-edu] Long, long ago...

bgfay <rid24199@ride.ri.net> writes:

> I want to get started with this sort of thing with my middle school
> students now. I imagine that something like perl or some such would do
> the trick. Do people have specific suggestions of free software that I
> could begin learning and resources to help me learn it?  I sure hope
> so. Thanks.

now everyone gets to tout their favorite scripting language...

why not give your students an advantage and use guile scheme?  if you
yourself learn it in the process of teaching it, your students will
benefit doubly.

the advantage over things like perl is that perl is just trying to be
like scheme, anyway; might as well go for the heart of the matter.

thi