sourceforge is nasty [ Was Re: [seul-edu] Request for Mailing list for Crosswords For Linux ]

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Joseph E. Arruda [mr.zenn] wrote:

> How is sourceforge 'nasty'?  It helps to give us feedback (yes, I am on
> the periphery of sourceforge...)
> ;)

I tried sometime to join sourceforge, well my netscape was popping
**all** the time about that my Verisign key had expired, really nasty,
besides SSL was lacking. The design of sourceforge, and what they
offer is nice. It's just I have Red Hat 4.2 ( yes, 4.2 Biltmore)
and I don't intend to change in the near future (2 or  3 months).

It's a pity that you need to update ( throw overboard, sometimes)
all your libraries, conf files...

I think that's one of the nastiest things of Linux, updates and
absurd incompatibilities: the branch of GNOME-ish programms that
requires GNOME, the branch of SDL, Cranlib that requires a bunch
of new libraries, the Gtk stuff... the glibc ( Java needs 2.1.2
and it can't run in 2.1, or something like that). Definetely not,
I'll update when I have time enough and expecting things settle
a bit.

Besides, I don't like the "Portal-ish sites", nor the
pseudo-commercial looks...

I'd rather like things simpler and more functional.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm

  Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. -- Charles Schulz