[OT] Re: sourceforge is nasty [ Was Re: [seul-edu] Request forMailing list for Crosswords For Linux ]

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:

Hello!

>When I say pseudo-commercial what I mean is that the "thing" intends
>too intentionally to gather people attention, moreover it does by
>providing massive info, sometimes alien, and trying to hook visitors.
>Is this bad? Yes, if people are looking for something different.

It's their web-site and they show what they want! And they  are
free to do it and you are free to look/not look at  it  use  or
don't use it.

As for additional news, sometimes they are interesting  -  they
don't distract from main  things  while  inform  about  serious
matters.

As for hooking visitors, this is always done on web-sites. They
are making money.

Modern man is accustomed to ignore advertisement already.

>Imagine somebody that goes to freshmeat to look at the news, he
>wants the news, not 32Bitsonline, not andover news, and even I'd say
>he doesn't want the news of the previous days. And freshmeat is
>rather austere in that matter. All that extra info has two nasty
>results:

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk * rnd@rsuzi.pgu.karelia.ru
* Wednesday, April 12, 2000 * Powered by Linux RedHat 6.0