Re: [seul-edu] Hypercard/Toolbook like Software

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> IMHO, this kind of tool should be avoided to create educational
> software.
> You cannot expect any cooperation if the entry barrier is to purchase a
> tool that costs $349.
>
> Bruno.

To be fair, the educational pricing is $250 for a 10-user license, which is
significantly better.  A limited version is freely downloadable (it limits the
length of scripts attached to objects).  So far as I know, there's nothing in
the free/open source arena that will allow porting HyperCard stacks to Linux,
so I think this is definitely worth considering.  I know there is some work
going on on PyCard, but I don't know what its current status is or exactly how
compatible it is/will be with HyperCard.  Roman Suzi, do you know what's
happening with PyCard?