[seul-edu] LingoTeach 0.3 released

Hi,

the new version of LingoTeach is out now!

http://www.lingoteach.org

LingoTeach is a language teaching program. The current version has a vocabulary
of 825 Words and Phrases, and Sound in English (someone demonstrates how it
should sound). It supports English-German, and is built in such a way that any
new language will be accessible from all existing languages (ie. If you add
Spanish, it will support En-Sp Sp-En, Ge-Sp, Ge-En Sp-Ge, En-Ge).

It is written in C using GTK, while all the Data is stored in an XML file. The
Sound snippets are stored in oggs vorbis files. It runs great with RH7.2, older
versions have not been tested yet.

I am working on adding more Languages, and more Sound, Images and more front
end games, as well as a educationally correct word selection engine (one that
shows you the word until you know it, then reviews it tomorrow, three days
later, a week later and next month. I figure if that is done well, tests will
become unnecessary, and long term retention will go way up.). If you want to
help, you are very welcome, the files are in CVS at Sourceforge, I can give you
access.

Best regards

--reto