Re: [seul-edu] [OT] Multiuser XP

Hi everyone

I've heard that every device that uses XP needs an XP licence....

Which could cost a lot of $$$$......

Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique en technologies de l'information et de la
communication
Animateur,  RÉCIT des Affluents
courriel: benoit.st-andre@fc.csaffluents.qc.ca

seul-edu@seul.org writes:
On 26 Apr 2002 at 9:04, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > Since there is no 'server' edition of XP, it can only handle one

> > 'client' at a time, and which controls the desktop (a la VNC).
>
> Really? I've a mate on Microsoft's beta list (and who is also a
big warez fan)
> who has used XP as a multi-user server. I think only registry
changes and one
> or two DLLs need to be added to XP to do this. I don't think it
wants
> encouraging.

Oh, there's no doubt XP "server edition" is coming, terminal
services and all. Your friend on the beta list is probably using it.
However, it hasn't yet been released for public consumption.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world