Re: [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

> > Linux already *is* easy to install (certainly easier to install than
> > Windows). It *is* important to have an Office-compatible suite (and we
> > do). Many school  districts *do* need a support contract with a
> > company. You can't airily dismiss  that last fact with dollops of
> > elbow-grease and a can-do spirit, and it's what  Red Hat and others
> > base their business models on (though I suspect they have  bigger fish
> > to fry than school districts). We need to be willing work closely  with
> > *any* company that is willing to provide a support contract to a school
> >  district. Let's say Red Hat puts together a contract for a school
> > district to  defenestrate (throw Windows out the window). I think we
> > should be able to  marshall volunteers on the ground who can help with
> > the transition, and then  step back a bit and let Red Hat earn their
> > money.
That is one thing we are intending on doing at Blue Linux. We have not
ironed out the details but I am POSITIVE we will be low on cost. We are
also thinking more along the lines of a "base price" that is good for
either 1 year or X ammount of support incidents that way if at the end of
the year you had Y ammount of incidents but Y < X then the contract
continues till Y = X if Y > X before the end of the year you just have to
renew at the end of the year with no additional cost. I dont want to see a
school pay for something its not getting

--
Matt Jezorek
Executive Director / Founder

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the following
communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named
above.

If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please
immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies,
electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication