Re: gperiodic is officially part of debian (was Re: gperiodic debianpackage complete except for man page)

> I got the word from the auto installer email robot that gperiodic has been
> made a part of the unstable debian "potato" distribution.

Excellent!

> So far, I have packaged 1.0.5 and 1.1.1. Before I upgrade any further, I
> would like to ask to have the build makefiles be consolidated between the
> author and myself. I have created recursive makefiles that will likely
> work in most situations; I'd like to see those included.

I don't write the makefiles, one of the contributers (Arno Peters
<A.W.Peters@ieee.org>) changed the software so it uses automake/autoconf
to build the makefiles automaticly.  It was Arno that added in the
internationalization/gettext code.

> Two other things I can think of at the moment:
>
>  - is the multiple language support done using C's locales libs?

It uses the gnu gettext package.

>  - there are more than 118 elements (someone said to me, approx. 143)...
>      can we get the others in as well?

I didn't have data for those elements.  I could put in empty placeholders
for them, but I could only find periodic charts that had up to 118 elements.

What kinds of changes did you require for the makefiles?

Much of the excitement we get out of our work is that we don't really know
what we are doing.
    -- E. Dijkstra