Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Want to present at LINUXWORLD NY/ 2002?]

As far as a delay with IDG Jessica, you and I can deal with that (seeing
as VA has a fairly good relationship with IDG - cornerstone sponsorship
has its priviledges).  The idea I was dorking around with was based on
my observations of the first one you put on:

1. It was so grass-roots and ideological, that a lot of the pragmatic
reasoning that would have appealed to business folks was not covered.
2. No case study like material (i.e. University level projects involvong
things that have more broad applications - i.e. collaboration sw like
Sourceforge, PHPGroupware, etc. and things like
clustering/bioinformatics.  You know, how do research departments gather
most bang for limited buck and what functional benefits do they glean
from either a hybrid or fully OSS environment).
3. The panelists did not gel well.  But then again, this is always a
crapshoot no matter where you are - I was amazed when I arranged
Guntharp and Horms to be on a panel with Bruce Perens at an HP
conference that did not involve severe slinging of mud ;)
I would look at getting someone that manages an OSS heavy environment in
a research lab at a University or even a professor (i.e. someone who
teaches a compiler course and focuses on GCC or a DB course that uses
PostgrSQL)

While the elementary and HS stuff is cool and can be mentioned, *most*
of it is not applicable to the majority of the demographic attending.

If it still doesn't work for LWCE NY there is always ALS.

--
Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net