Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Want to present at LINUXWORLD NY/2002?]

My primary point was that LWCE is industry-centric, not community (with
the possible exception of the .org pavillion, which really is a result
of lobbying by entities like OSDN and LI) and so if you are going to do
an .edu presentation, you should at least try to cater somewhat to the
audience at hand. Otherwise, your only options are OLS and ALS (which
are both great shows -I actually enjoy them more- but have a different
bent).

There are plenty of Universities athat do not have a POSIX focus,
especially after years of MS banging at their doors with 'freebies' and
'deals'.  Reversing that trend is (IMHO) a good task to have for an LWCE
like show - and being able to do applicable examples to the business
community certianly does not hurt.

Pick the battle, pick the venue, state your case.  The rest is a free
t-shirt ;)

--
Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net