(FWD) Re: [seul-edu] School count

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:16:02 -0400
From: Michael Williams <mwilliams@haywood.k12.nc.us>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] School count

Jennifer Dozar wrote:

> How many schools out there actually use linux? at least a linux server? I
> know Mr Lehman's school in Manhattan does. but which other schools do?
>
> I am trying to write a proposal for introdicing Linux into schools, and
> have been asked to write one to present. I don't know how to write
> one. Does anyone have any suggestions or templates on how to write such a
> thing? How would you present this to your school?
> I would appreciate any help on the matter!
>
> Jennifer

Haywood County Schools in western NC is running 38 linux servers. Replaceing
all Novell servers with new servers running linux/samba/mars_nwe. 99.98%
pure linux! :>) Recycled old Novell servers into squid proxy/cache servers.
Current projects include new linux mail server and setting up (our) first
k12ltsp .

Buncombe Co. Schools (our next door neighbor) is using serveral linux boxes
as servers.

Several schools out in Oregon (Riverdale) (k12linux listserv) and Az. uses
linux

Michael Williams
Network Technology Coordinator
Haywood County Schools