[seul-edu] as goes SuSE, follows Red Hat... Pushing for Linux in Schools.

SAN FRANCISCO--Linux developers must take some of the time they now devote
to programming and put it toward boosting open-source software in education,
Red Hat Chief Executive Matthew Szulik said Thursday.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7015137.html?tag=hot

This week I did make a brief appearance at Linux World Expo.  I chatted
about the current push for Linux Helpers, which I say should be one Penguin
in every school doing just one job really well.  More penguins are better,
but one in every school is a fine place to start.  If we can get some help
from all of the big boys like Mandrake, Red Hat and SuSE, we can do it in
the next two years.

Could I ask that everyone sit down for a few minutes and make a list of K-12
schools in your area and forward it to me?  A K-12 school generally includes
all students below the college or University level.   We would like to share
the information on the new Linux Helpers site we are developing.  The more
schools we can list, the more schools that can be approcached.

Additionally, if you can provide expertise or other resources toward this
effort, I again ask that you let me know, and we can put up a listing that
is appropriate.  If you are concerned about offering your email addy for all
the world to see, we can create a Linuxhelpers email address for you as soon
as the site is moved to our server.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Ries-Knight