Re: [seul-edu] Linux in educational computing

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 5:00 am, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
> Try to reuse and to "sell" what others have done. For example an EDU-Cd is
> something needed, here , at seul, we're trying to do it, but a determined
> individual makes much more than 10 commitees. Read our index of software,
> eval it, package it, and register a CD with the contents and sell it, as
> Red Hat does. You own the copyright of the collection , but each item of
> the collection is GPL, add a bit of original data/configuration, so that
> you material can't be blatantly copied, as Red Hat/Mandrake does. I think
> this would be greatly welcomed. And you may get support/money from Red
> Hat/Mandrake/Suse.

On a similar line, TheOpenCD project seems to have stalled completely.
(http://www.theopencd.org).  It would be good to see someone get it going
atain.  As Manuel says, 'a determined individual...'

(I'm a determined individual, but I've got my own projects....)

Rasjid.