[seul-edu] APPEAL FOR EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE.

[I'm forwarding this to the list with no recommendation for any particular
action.  If any of you would like to contact this school, feel free to.
Doug Loss]

MELVILLE JUNIOR SCHOOL

Location: 19, Sumonu Street, Okeira, Agudatitun, Ogba, Ikeja.

Postal Address: P.O.Box 367, Agege Post Office, Lagos.

E =96mail Address: melvillejuniorschool@yahoo.com

Phone: 234 =96 8033181057

THE COORDINATOR,                                                           =

   6th August 2002.

EDUCATIONAL ASSIsTANCE
We like to seek affiliation with and assistance from your organization.
MELVILLE JUNIOR SCHOOL is a private school (charity programme) established
on September 20 1998 to provide nursery and elementary school education in
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria for children of the underprivileged and poor urban
dwellers. The project took off successfully four years ago and recorded a
massive turn-out on enrolment day, exceeding our initial expectation.

Ever since then we have been operating on very tight budgets and due to the=

increase in our intake over the years; we are now facing financial
difficulties in running operations.

It is for this reason that we appeal specifically to you and your
organization for assistance. The assistance may be in the form of money or
school materials such as: used items like: old computers, typewriters,
duplicating and photocopying machines, toys, books, old school Bus.

We write this appeal for help in the belief that this unfavorable situation=

and the yearning of these children for some basic education and a start in
life would arouse pity in you to offer assistance. Whatever may be your
decision, a call or E-mail from you would be a source of encouragement and
would be highly appreciated. I can be reached anytime on 234 =96 8033181057
or e-mail melvillejuniorschool@yahoo.com. I look forward to your call.

Thank you

Yours faithfully,

S.I. McAULAY