Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Universities

I agree 100% to Jan.

I go to a small college, in a town of about 38,000 people.  Out of the 5
CS prof's 2 or 3 have a bit of linux experience.  The IT department is
100% MS except for the 1 comp sci server.  Out of the entire population
of the school, I'm probably the only Linux user.  In the entire degree
program, one CS course you need to take is Operating Systems, which is
taught under linux, which is the only experience the students get.

One of the Prof's has expressed interest in doing more linux stuff, so
this year I am going to try and work with him as much as possible to see
where things go.

It can be tricky going through a CS program in a small institution where
one of the core courses is Win32 GUI programming, but gcc's cross
compile ability & wine still let me use Linux for everything.

Scott Brooks