Re: Example project idea

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Brian wrote:

>Have you considered using Perl/Tk for the GUI portion, seeing as you
>will be using Perl as the core?

Wow!

7 Kb simple text editor can be made with Perl/Tk
( /usr/bin/ptked )  I could even add it to this letter
and it will be hardly noticed traffic!

It seems like right choice!

*

As for the question about future  features  of  the  program  I
going to write in OSS way, short answer is that it  will  allow
different types of exercises (fill-in, choose  from  list)  and
running modes (training, self-test, assessment).

It will be able to use  multiple  choice  as  well  as  in-text
fill-ins for letters, words or frases.

Non-open source prototype is toefl.exe I got from  unidentified
BBS sources 2 year ago.

The other prototype is russian program "Fraza".
(To lear russian orfography, punctuation, etc by
native language speakers.)

I am still thinking on the feature set  and  the  name  of  the
project. The name  must  be  internationally  understood  (some
latin word will do).

I  am  also  thinking  how  to   facilitate   plain-text   data
preparation.

Sincerely yours,
Roman A. Suzi

 -- Petrozavodsk -- Karelia -- Russia --