Re: EDUML/XML another idea

On Fri, Dec 25, 1998 at 11:46:46PM +0100, Bill Tihen wrote:
> Does the current spec. allow for a student password?  I know that Williams
> college now allows students to view their grades online.  I also know that
> my headmaster at my old school needs this feature.  I think it would be a
> real hit with private schools.

I need help with this one:

I imagined I would use the /etc/shadow or /etc/passwd of the webserver that
would server online grades.  However, others may want a tag element
<password> or attribute of <learner  password="xxxxxx">.  If so, how
dangerous might that be ... after all if the marks are stored in an XML
file, they have to be just as secure as the student's password...

So unless anyone objects, I'll include a password element in EDUML v0.6.

Bruno