Re: [seul-edu] New Linux distribution !

Roger R Dingledine wrote:

> > Doug Loss wrote:
> >
> > > Odile,
> > >
> > >    This needs to be announced on Freshmeat, Linux Weekly News,
> > > LinuxToday, and comp.os.linux.announce.  Roger will help with that, I
> > > have no doubt.  Actually, sending a message to seul-announce@seul.org
> > > will probably accomplish the first three announcements.
> > >
> > Yes, but I thought it might have to be improved first, and maybe it's a
> > better time to announce it in January ?
> >
> > --
> > Odile Bénassy,
> > "http://perso.magic.fr/obenassy/"
>
> i would recommend writing your blurb (because you're going to have to
> anyway), and at least getting in contact with Kylie with the computerbank
> project (www.computerbank.org.au) to get an idea of what other projects
> would find Tiny useful.

I've just written to the list

> If you have a blurb (including justification for your existence -- this is
> a really big point),

I do not know other projects that could fill this particular need
(small+no-DC required)
And I'm no good at comparisons, so I'd rather let some people say what
they think, whether it's useful, ...
(and I have a slow access to internet at the moment, I'm not very good
at surfing or searching,...)

>and you have some feature that makes you better than
> what's currently out there for whatever your target audience is, then you
> should announce. It's fine to be version 0.10 or similar.

You know, we've only done some package selection, and an easy install...