Re: [seul-edu] E-mail

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, dpmcmen@bellatlantic.net wrote:

> I want them to be able to use a web browser (probably Internet Explorer
> 5) to pick up their E-mail from the server-cum-postoffice. Can you
> suggest a Linux application (preferably open source, AKA Free) that can
> perform this?  If there is something, great!  If there isn't, I'll
> probably alias their mail out to Hotmail or Yahoo accounts and let the
> teachers use their web browser and PPP through the network to pick up
> their mail.

If you mean using a POP3 mailer that comes with the browser, just install (or
enable, if it's already installed) the POP3 daemon that comes with almost every
distro.  If you don't have one with yours, I'm sure there are a bunch that can be
found on Freshmeat.

If you mean getting a WWW interface to the mail spool on the Linux box, there
are a bunch of packages to do that too, one of which was already mentioned.  Of
course, you'll have to run a web server on the Linux box too.

--
Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@suscom.net     those in authority off their guard and give