Re: [seul-edu] New software; maybe educational

Doug Loss wrote:

> Adobe has a beta version of FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Linux available for
> donwload at:
>
> <http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html>
>
> This is a desktop publishing package.  The only other one for Linux that
> I know of that's in a usable state is Xclamation from Axene, but their
> website was down for a while and the latest item in their What's New
> section is dated 24 Dec 1997, so I'm not confident on the long-term
> support they may give.  It would be nice to see other DTP programs like
> PageMaker or Ventura Publisher (from Corel)  available for Linux, or a
> nice functional OSS DTP package or two, but for now these are what's
> available.

And it is an excellent publishign package.
    However, when you un it you may get a core dump before it wouldpaint
paint the splash window.  I am running glibc2.1.1 and XFree86-3.3.3.1,
Redhat 6.0.
Did anybody had a better luck with it? On what system?

    Did anybody try to fiddle with the libraries to get it working?

--
                                                    Petr Vicherek

Gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis