Re: [seul-edu] Re: perl or......

On Sun, 03 Dec 2000, "S. Barret Dolph" wrote:
> Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 16:51:24 +0800
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> From: "S. Barret Dolph" <white129@ms7.hinet.net>
> Subject: [seul-edu] Re: perl or......
>

> I would like to be able to check some books for root words.
>
> Example.... look for occurances of ped, cor, cit, in swift.txt

What about grep? It's a common unix command for finding regular expressions in
files.
Try typing "grep ped swift.txt"

> Also, are there any books out on Latex?

Go check out the Tex Users Groups web site at http://www.tug.org.
 They have a few nice manuals for download in the "tutorial" section. I would
recommand the "Not so short introduction to LaTeX", which is also available in
French. Be ready to print out some >100 pages of text ;)

> Cordially,
> S. Barret Dolph
> Taipei Taiwan

Have fun,