[seul-edu] Ivan Illich tangent

David, don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of kids sitting by
themselves in
front of computer monitors all day. Even taking Deschooling to an extreme,
I would still see education as very much as a social activity, just
organised differently. I would see education involving much more active
engagement with the world than most schools currently allow. Actually, I'm
happy with the idea of primary schools to a point. But I don't see why it
takes 13 years to teach literacy and numeracy. All subject content is
really just a form of literacy in the end.

Illich's Deschooling Society is on the web at a couple of places, this is
one of them:

http://philosophy.la.psu.edu/illich/deschool/intro.html

Any way, let's get back to the tasks at hand because frankly I'm having
trouble keeping up with this thread and where it's going at the moment :-)

Michael