From: SteelHead
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Sent: 12/3/01 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Microsoft Cans Linux in Spanish

reply at the bottom
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hall" <admin@openlearningcommunity.org>
To: "SEUL List" <seul-edu@seul.org>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 1:34 PM
Subject: [seul-edu] Microsoft Cans Linux in Spanish

| While trawling the web for links to add to the new
SEUL/edu page, I came
| across this:

http://www.microsoft.com/latam/technet/educacion/documentos/
beacon_sp.asp

| It tells the story of a school in England (Beacon
Community College) that
| installed a Linux server, then regretted it and bought a
Windows 2000
| server and now they're much happier, blah blah. In the
final paragraph,
| the genius responsible for the changeover tells how
impatient he is to get
| the school's entire email system transferred to Exchange
ASAP.

| Does anyone know of this propaganda story in English?
|
|  --
| ################################
| Michael Hall
| admin@openlearningcommunity.org
| m.hall@latis.net.au
| http://openlearningcommunity.org

The english version.

http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv
/case/beacon.asp
students, teachers, and administrators, this rural English
Community College migrated to Windows 2000.

Regards,
Bill Ries-Knight
2 cases of canned spam every day.
That's all we ask from each sysadmin.
(Oh, and don't forget the site the spam is for!)