[seul-edu] curriculum and wikis - Good to start with

Well, trying not to be such a know it all I spent time going over Jeff's Wiki,
Les' comments and the new zwiki installation and I visited a bunch of the
links to other sites, too.

You are all right that it's a good tool for working.  Perhaps it's a good tool
for _using_ curriculum ideas, too, and that is what may make it better than
the idea of more, sort of traditionally "finished" product that schools can
show off.

Those nice documents usually just sit there anyway I guess and somehow just
aren't very accessible. And the point is that the tools we choose be useful
and used, I guess.

So, let me eat a bit of crow here. I think it could make a good starting
point.

I like the zwiki's ability to fine tune who can edit (with subscriptions?)

I think it is important that the overall project have a front end that
newcomers can understand how to navigate, and that each topic/sub project have
a leader.

I also think that a kind of overall pre-k - whatever hierarchy be established
with the possibility of users setting up projects in the levels of their
choice. But this brings us back to internationalism:

The hierarchy has not only to be multilingual (or enable multiple languages),
but also to be able to let us see that grade eight in the US system is year 9
in the UK system is x in the French system and ....

Anyway, I'm throwing my hat into the ring if others will, too. I'd love to see
this get off the ground.

David

--
David M. Bucknell