[seul-edu] Next step

I'll assume the lack of vitriol about my management posts indicates
that I was fairly close to what everyone else thinks.  I agree that
the voting mechanism I invented wouldn't need to be invoked very
often, but I think it's best to have some agreed-upon-prior method
in place to resolve any disputes that might arise.  Unless there are
major complaints in the next 18 hours or so, let's agree that what
I've sketched is roughly how things will run, OK?

I'd like to announce the formation of this coalition in my next
Linux in education report on Monday.  To feel comfortable doing
that, I'd like to have at least a temporary website set up, with
some "What we're about" document and probably some preliminary links
to member groups.  The member groups so far are OpenSourceSchools,
OSEF, LinuxHelpers, RedHat, K12Linux, BlueEDU, and SEUL/edu (have I
missed any?).  Any of you reading this who represent other Linux in
education groups and want to be founding members of this coalition,
just posta message of that intent to this mailing list.  I'm sure
David will be happy to send you a formal invitation to join if you
like :-), but it's not necesary to wait for one.  In your message,
you might state what you view your group's primary purpose to be and
what resources you're offering to the coalition.  Those of us
already listed above should probably do that too, now that I think
about it.

David and Roger, will it be possible to have http://schoolforge.net
point to a Schoolforge website by Monday afternoon?  Felipe's
website design doesn't suck too much :-) (actually, it's quite nice,
Felipe), so we can probably tweak that a bit and use it as the
initial front page.

Let's go, folks!