[seul-edu] A good read thanks to Michael Hall and others here

Thank you to all of the community members who have contributed news, tips or
resources recently to opensourceschools.org. Michael Hall's come through with
what I think is the first full-fledged, professional news story from the
schools. Nice going, Michael! You'll notice _several_ other names from the
seul-edu mailing list in the following list of stories.

It really helps when someone takes the time to go from mailing list to
article, so thanks again. I hope to be seeing more news and project update
announcements. And don't forget to add your links to Les's new links system.

I think the you'll agree with me that the following add up to a "good read."
Comments are encouraged.

David

NEWS

*Linux and Star Office Adopted in Australia's Northern Territory Schools
By Michael Hall!
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011207001012102

*Prairie Linux User Group gets the attention of Manitoba's Minister of
Education
By SetArcOS (Sydney Weidman)
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011206081415966

RECENTLY POSTED TIPS AND RESOURCES:

*Tools for Skills Training and Testing ( jpypsitechnic (http://vsep.seul.org/)
and http://crosswords.50g.com)
By Manuel Gutiérrez Algaba
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011206004122160

*OpenWebSchool
By Willie (Wilfried Roemer)
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011203145852893

*GUI Admin - A good way to start
By Alfred Nutile
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011202221557919

*Learning HTML With Mozilla
By Nathan Matias
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011129072640170

Recent Features:

*Cross-Platform Work with Cygwin and Wine
By Wade Hampton
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011206165714853

*Do it Yourself Open Source Project, Part III
By Taylor Brockman
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011205071024204

*Finding Open Soruce Projects
By Dale Gulledge
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=200112041751348

*Choosing a Beginner's Web Page Editor for Schools
By David Bucknell
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011203203714834

*When Students Know More Than the Teacher
By Jeff Elkner, Yorktown High School
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011202010609709

*Introducing Edubase
By Jackson Miller
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011128055550886

*MimerDesk for eLearning and Collaboration
By Timu Arina
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20011127195759504

--
David M. Bucknell