Re: [seul-edu] VB translator: tried ASP2PHP

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 20:27, Doug Loss wrote:
> > From: "Black, Kelly" <kblack05@sprintspectrum.com>
> > I stumbled across a post you made regarding some sort of vb2perl filter
> > being useful in a newsgroup 2 years ago.

> > It happens that I was in fact looking for such an animal, as some of my
> > co-workers have built in heavy dependence on unreliable (and resource
> > hungry)
> > VB. I would love to be able to port the code to Perl, as manually
> > converting it
> > could take years.

ASP2PHP could probably be bent to that or similar ends without much trouble.
It's a pretty thorough parser and since PHP has borrowed much from PERL,
warping the backend to do PERL should be reasonably easy.

Come to think of it, other languages (Python?) might also be doable. Mapping
the relatively few gfx calls to Tk or the like should also be a
straightforward once-off.

Naken (AKA Michaelk Kohn) might well be interested in other uses for his pet:

    http://asp2php.naken.cc/

Cheers; Leon