Re: [seul-edu] People Resource Fields

Hi,

At 08:44 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Since some people use their middle name you might want to make it an
>optional field. Also, did you mean Sr. as a title for Senor? There could be
>some Sr.'s and Jr.'s responding, so maybe you need an optional suffix field
>for them.
>Dave Prentice
>prentice@instruction.com

Sr. is "Sister" in a Catholic order. (I've been programming for a Catholic
School division recently...)

The Salutation is only needed for addressing the person by gender. The
first name is handy for avoiding the "Dear Occupant" address form.
Otherwise the name  could be just one field. Thus the user themselves can
choose what salutation, first name and lastname and accept the consequences
of their use in this context.

Does that make sense?

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School