Re: [seul-edu] Standards and Requirements

> > Not in Canada. Education is a provincial responsibility, although the
> > federal gov't dabbles in things educational. All curricula are developed
> > at the provincial level, although there are attempts at having some
> > commonality in the maths, and some other areas due to student movement.
> >
> Can you point Chris at any centralized compilation of provincial
> requirements?  Perhaps the federal Ministry of Education maintains
> something like that.

As if they could....<grin>. As far as I know, they're not. (although I
haven't really looked.) It's tough enough for the provinces to keep their
websites up to date due to curricula changes. In my province,
Saskatchewan, our curriculum is euphemistically called the "evergreen
curriculum". LOL, and is located at:

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/evergreen

(I put in the symlink to "evergreen" when I worked on their server...it
was in a folder called "docs". But that's another story...)

Having said this there is something called the "Western Canada Protocol"
where provinces from Manitoba west are trying to agree on basic curricula,
etc. Of course this is fraught with political issues...

http://www.wcp.ca

This site has some of the basic curricula in math and english.

Of course, I could build a database to put this stuff into, if required...

Les Richardson