Re: [seul-edu] members and supporters

David Bucknell wrote:

> Since so many sites are not actually backed by organizations, but _do_
> have something to offer, let's not focus on companies or organizations,
> but on the work we want to do. That means any honest effort qualifies. If
> you want to stipulate something about what constitutes an "active" member,
> then do so , but keep it simple. Any individual who supports free and/or
> open source in education qualifies as a supporter.

I didn't say it in my previous message, but I think it's important that
members be organizations, not individuals.  Of course, an organization
can _be_ an individual, as we've seen in many small projects.  But it
shows a committment beyond just a casual interest to set up a project
and advertise it to the world.  Honest effort is a requirement, but not
a sufficiency.  It has to be a _continuing_ effort if Schoolforge
membership is to be more than signing a petition in support of
something, with no further work required.

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--