[seul-edu] ISO Phase 2 apps

I've attached the current list of apps that have de facto passed the ISO Phase 2 evaluation. This list is being compiled from your messages telling what software you're currently using in your schools, plus my research in our App Index for programs that were written by or for (and then used by) teachers in a school, or for which there's evidence on the website that at least one school is using it. This doesn't mean that other applications in the Index don't meet the Phase 2 criterion, just that there's no existing evidence and the apps haven't yet been evaluated. I've worked through the App Index categories from Multimedia through Utility so far (I'm working backwards, since the extremely large categories are mostly at the beginning of the category list). Anyone who's interested in helping with is certainly welcome--just drop me a note volunteering and I'll give you a category to look over.

Raphael, do you think it's about time to put out some RFPs to Debian for the apps on this list? Everyone else, we _still_ need people to do the Phase 1 evals for the programs and categories that have yet to be perused. I'm not a teacher, so I'd like to get people who are to help with the Phase 1 stuff. I think they'll be more likely to know if a program is scholastically useful or not.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero:

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain

kdict
kmuser
Koha