Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: [LinuxInAfrica] LINK: GNU/Linux in Re:Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: [LinuxInAfrica] LINK: GNU/Linux in Re:

On 2002-12-11 16:03:42 -0500 Chris Hornbaker <chrishornbaker@earthlink.net> wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:59:32 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

Our intent isn't to produce yet another Linux distro (YALD :-) ), but an easy-to-search-and-install compilation of scholastically useful software for Linux that people can download and install over any distro. A secondary goal is to do this in such a way that distro manufacturers can take what we provide and easily incorporate it into educational versions of their distros for promotion and dissemination through their own channels.

Kinda like http://lulu.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/home.html ?

Yes, that seems similar to what we're planning.

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              Courage is resistance to
drloss@suscom.net      fear, mastery of fear--
                      not absence of fear.
                        Mark Twain