Re: [seul-edu] ISO Project Questions

On 2002-12-21 00:37:30 -0500 Matt Jezorek <matt@bluelinux.org> wrote:

On compilation of the packages that will be included what distributions will
they be compiled on? I mean are you going to compile on various or will you
be compiling on a set base. The reason I ask is different libs for different
distributions. For example Blue Linux no longer uses /lib/ld-linux.so.1 we
are going with LSB specs so /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 is being used. This would cause
problems on any of the software not compiled this way. Has this been thought
out yet by the folks doing the packaging?

Or am I ahead of the game?
We haven't gotten to that point yet, but I'd like all our stuff to be LSB-compliant. My current thinking is that we ought to work with DebianEdu and get everything packaged in DEBs as our baseline packages (Debian's LSB-compliant, right?), and then use alien to generate the RPMs and TGZs from them.

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain