Re: Debian and LSB (was Re: [seul-edu] ISO Project Questions)

On 2002-12-22 17:26:38 -0500 Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

Matt Jezorek said:

Not sure on Debian being LSB compliant I do know they are not in the certified list yet but I may be off, we can check on that I guess when it gets closer to the point of doing the packaging
The best I could find about Debian LSB compliancy is here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2002/debian-policy-200208/msg00103.html
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/lsb.html

I should probably add that I'm not overly concerned with total LSB-compliance within Debian (ability to install LSB RPMs, etc.), but primarily with the FHS (filesystem hierarchy standard). We plan to have specifically Debian and Slackware packages in addition to LSB RPMs.

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain