Re: My local Linux advocacy efforts

I have been sitting on the sidelines and observing for the past few months, but I just have to put in my 2 cents on this issue.

I am the Director Of Instructional Technology for a small school board in Canada.  We have been using Linux for the last few years as a Web server OS, and have started deploying it in the schools as a proxy server OS.  I don't believe we have had any authentic OS crashes.  Yes hardware has caused machines to fail and people have turned off switches but no OS related crashes with the exception of one on a Mac running Linuxppc.  Todaye we have only 5 proxy servers running squid out there but they are great for their intended purpose.

Linux has not replaced any Network OS file servers yet but I expect that it will happen when we hire teachers with Linux experince.