[seul-edu] Web Based Attendance Tracking report

Hello:
My name is Emilio Milian, and teacher at the South San Francisco Adult
School.
http://www.smcoe.k12.ca.us/ssfusd/as/

I am using a Win NT Visual Basic self-programmed utility for keeping
attendance in the classes that I teach.

Pls see the links below for screenshots.  Is there anything similar to
it for Linux? or can it be programmed by someone else?
This program was written by my brother for my classes, but it uses
Visual basic and would like to change to Linux. Is anyboady up to the
challenge?

The program is web based so I can login to the server from anywhere
after I put my account and password.
It has a database that includes the courses (names, dates, times, room
location, etc)
the student database, (name, ss#, address, tel#, age, emergency contact,
ethnicity, email , etc)
the attendance database for each of the courses, dates attended, hours,
if holiday, if excused, etc.
It can list all students in the data base,
It can give me a list of students for each course.
It can give ma an attendance grid for each course as the term
progresses.

With this program I can add and revise the databases for courses, for
example I can add a
new course with its associated data.
I can add or update students with its related data.
I can revise attendance records for each week,  I can print the
attendance records.

Do you know if there is anything like it for Linux?  Note: I'm not a
programmer.
I have this utility loaded on my own WIN NT web server at my house.
My brother who worte the program does not use Linux, he is a M$ user.
It would be great if an utility was available to teachers on the
internet similar to this.
Any comments, SUGGESTIONS?

Drax said he would be looking at it.

Emilio