[seul-edu] possibility of setting up a mailing list for GPeriodic-devel?

Would it be possible to get a gperiodic-development mailing list set up
at Seul?  If so, how would we go about doing that?

Two developers have been in contact with me recently (Costantino
<antigone34@libero.it>, and Jean <brefortj@ac-dijon.fr>) talking about
new directions for GPeriodic.  The bulk of the discussions surround
integration with other applications and storage of the element data.
At this point, I think we will end up storing the element data in XML,
Jean has already developed a DTD and moved the data into an XML format.
Also, a shared library with a simple API will make that data available
without the need for an environment with full XML support.  GPeriodic
would then be modified to use the shared library.  It is hoped that the
XML format, and the shared library will make the data available to any
applications that want to make use of it.  A shared library should also
make it easy to write interface wrappers for other languages (like Python
and Perl) to access the data.

I know I've asked this before, would it be possible to set up CVS
for anonymous read-only access, and read/write access for developers?

Thank you,
Kyle R. Burton

Wisdom and Compassion are inseparable.
        -- Christmas Humphreys