Re: [seul-edu] Shuttle alternatives, space politics

El Dom 02 Feb 2003 02:47, Leon Brooks escribió:

> I personally think the EU should throw large chunks of money at Dutch and
> German engineers, include scientists from odd places like Britain and
> Denmark, and just stand back. They'd hopefully get something up before the
> pollies squandered all the money on less useful things. (-:
>
> Failing that, the Russkies have the technology, just order stuff that works
> from them and use it to build a space infrastructure until your own people
> get up to speed (and unless politics intervene, I see no reason to stop
> using Energia until an obviously technologically superior replacement is
> found for it.

Well, I'm sorry for the loss of human life, and sorry too for the technology
loss (which is important too). Any computer programmer likes technology in
any of its form,... and USS Spaceships are usually the closer we have to
"Star Trek" and the like. I personally think that Russians will overtake all
the rest in technology, they have 5 million mathematicians, good resources,
... and the only real drawback is the rising mafias.

Dutch are good for producing CD sets and walkmans, and Britain is simply lost
in his recent imperial past, they're no longer an industrial economy and
they're worse organized than french and German. Germans are too busy
conquering commercially all eastern Europe, before Russia rises again under
the Zar , Nickolas Putin I , the KGBich.

BTW, my opinion is that Columbia blew up because some fault in some Windows
software or an Al-Qaeda cell inside Columbia, you know, they're everywhere.

---
mga