Re: [seul-edu] Phase 1 Science Evaluation

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:21:57 -0700
Charlie Cosse <ccosse@asymptopia.com> wrote:

> Also, several listings should be removed from the SEUL index as they
> provide dead-ends, empty indexes, missing servers etc. They are listed
> in my comments.
>
> Finally, sorry if I ragged on your application! I just went down the
> list and called 'em like I saw them with respect to usefulness in
> classrooms and potential reception by teachers/administrators.

It is the nature of open-source projects that many are announced long
before they are functional. Often the motivation is recruitment. It is
appropriate that someone developing a collection of useful software --
which is the goal here -- filter out those that aren't ready for prime
time. I believe that all of the distros do this. Even the source trees for
Linux and FreeBSD go through a similar process on their way to a RELEASE
version.

--