-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Hertzog [mailto:rhertzog@hrnet.fr] <snip>
Do you have Debian developers to integrate all those package in Debian
itself ? Do you plan to maintain them on a regular basis or is this just
a one-time effort ?

I think our first preference should be for the maintainer of the application itself to take permanent maintenance of the Debian package (and our RPM and TGZ packages too, for that matter). Second, if any of our people are or want to become Debian developers and take permanent maintenance of the packages we develop that would be fine. The question of ongoing maintenance of these packages is a big one, though. We need to think about how (and if) we can do that. I'd prefer to see the application developers themselves perform that task, since that would keep things as current as possible. Even if only ~30% of them did so, it would take some burden off of us. Perhaps we should think about some sort of ISO-apps-announce mailing list for our packaging crew where the app maintainers would be strongly encouraged to post update announcements for their apps. That way, we couldn't have to chase down every update ourselves.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain