Re: [seul-edu] Seul.edu through-and-through American

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:03, Alex Heizer wrote:
> It just means we have failed at creating our own distinct
> language as many sovreign nations have done

Europe's and in particular England's language diversification methods
include such wonders of innovation as being thoroughly invaded every
few hundred years. America (or more specificially the USA) just hasn't
been there for long enough.

The pattern is not unique to English, either. Have a look at the
squillion different regional versions of Spanish, for example, and even
Spanish-related Portugese has its own subforks (hello, Brasilia!).

Disclaimer: I am not a languages expert, I speak from a general
understanding only.

Cheers; Leon