Re: [seul-edu] Formula Editor for handicaped High-School student.

On Tue,  3 Feb 2004 16:23:09 -0500 (EST)
Hans Paijmans <j.j.paijmans@uvt.nl> wrote:

> Jan Lühr wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > currently we ar looking for a formula editor for one of our
> > stundents.'cause of an handicap he is forced to do every work on his
> > ibook. Is there a formula-editor, whose handling is quite simular to a
> > sheet, does no calculating and print formulas in the way the user
> > typed 'em? By that, I mean, that the student should be able to edit
> > the formulas in a print-like view.
>
> LaTeX?

LyX is a nice graphical editor designed specificaly to produce LaTeX
output, and includes lots of features for creating textbook quality math
formulas.

Try
http://www.lyx.org/
http://www.18james.com/lyx_on_aqua.html
http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/200210/200210.htm

This (http://www.perce.de/LaTeX/math/Mathmode-TeX.pdf) is an excellent
guide to using LaTex for math. The pdf was created from LaTeX, and
represents what is possible. It is from the site http://latex.s-v-p.de/ by
Herbert Voß. As a rule, with the LyX editor you do not enter as many LaTeX
commands; in many cases, none at all.

--