Re: XML doubts

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Bruno Vernier wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 08:59:27AM -0800, someone wrote:

>> I hate to sound negative, but I want to know if XML is just hype or
>> what.  The fact that HTML has been so successful is a good sign.

XML/HTML/SGML is a hope to put open standards in data-exchange.
Right now every vendor invents its own format.

And even if this is a hype, it is positive!

I don't know much about XML and its parsers, but it looks like
a very good thing.

And I think, I must have a closer  look  at  XML  for  the  QZB
project.

Sincerely yours,
Roman A. Suzi

 -- Petrozavodsk -- Karelia -- Russia --